September 09, 2010

Tea Time

join Ruth and others for tea, HERE.

I am having...

Hot Peppermint Tea, with a couple drops of peppermint oil dropped in. When I add the drops, I close my eyes (they will burn otherwise), cup my hands around my mug and breathe deeply the vapors of the tea. If you feel a little stuffy, this will clear your nasal passages and soothe your throat. It also rejuvenates.

I am feeling...

Overwhelmed...But Jesus says, "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. "

On my mind:How the wicked and the foolish spread themselves out...how they laugh and sneer at purity and goodness then point their fingers to condemn the righteous.

Not very pleasant thoughts, huh? Sorry.

However, I do have a beautiful patch of zinnias in the yard that have been in bloom for over a month now. Every time I look out the window, they make me smile. They truly are a gift to me during these difficult days. I wish you could see them. I lost my camera so I cannot share a photo of the whole patch...too bad...but they are pink and yellow and orange...and as tall as a nine year old child. Sophia took a picture of a bloom (before I lost the camera) for her collection.


A quote to share:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

Have you ever wondered how Paul could write...almost in the same sentence...killed all the day...as sheep for the slaughter...nay we are more than conquerors? Guess, I'll go finish my tea.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing tea and for the scriptures. Oh how I'd love a garden of zinnias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing today! I like your verses. It seems everyone is receiving comfort and mercy from the Lord today. He is indeed good.

    Love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single post you make Laura, it is truly encouraging!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, peppermint oil. I can smell it now :-)

    Zinnias are on my "to plant" list next year, they're so pretty!

    May God continue to hold you and comfort you this week!

    Blessings,
    IllinoisLori at Plans4You

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good tip re the peppermint oil! I will have to remember to buy some because I often get a little stuffy in my head.

    Enjoyed your tea time and your deep ponderings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I came to visit! Your zinnia is oh so lovely. I used to plant them as a child in "my garden." Wishing you well! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Santos,

    I always enjoy your tea time posts. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your camera. How did that happen?

    Take care and blessings to you.

    -Lady Rose

    P.S. How are things going at "The Santos School House?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have Tea Talk with you Laura!
    I am so grateful for the beautiful Scripture verse you chose to share today!
    I'm sorry that you are being burdened with the heaviness of a fallen world. I think about what you have said in the "on my mind" section quite often...it is troubling and yet, as you have reminded us...there is JOY AND HOPE in CHRIST who has already conquered the world for us!
    Have a peaceful night my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine the tea clearing the nose, but I am not fond of peppermint tea (I drink Jasmine) - and in this terrible world isn't it wonderful to know that God is with us through every tribulation - what a lovely flower.

    What a lovely blog:)

    Blessings
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Laura,
    Sorry I'm a bit late in visiting you here. I was also overwhelmed here . Thanks for the reminder.

    Sorry about your camera. I would be crying like a baby if that happened to me....hopefully not! I already thought of writing my name on it, just in case. But who can hold on to temporary things like that?

    I love your multi-layer zinnias. Thanks for sharing tea with us again. You tea sounds refreshing. I can almost smell it from here.

    I'm always encouraged each time I visit you. You're such a beautiful person to follow.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura,
    May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
    May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion;
    May He remember all your offerings, And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah
    May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose.
    We will rejoice in your salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.
    Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven With the saving strength of His right hand.

    Psalm 20:1-6

    I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ladies~Thank you all for your kind visits and comments...You all brought a great big smile to my day.

    Ana~ if the Times is an encouragement to you - THAT is an encouragement to me. Thanks for saying so. Sometimes I wonder if any of my posts make any sense. Thank you friend.

    Lady Rose~ I don't know how I lost my camera. Last time we had it was at the Bible Bee, but we have not seen it since

    And Ruth~I have cried over it, I'm ashamed to say. It is just a thing and God will provide for me the things that He thinks I should have.

    Jo~ Jasmine tea is my favorite...especially the Stash brand.

    I love you too, Nancy. Your my bestest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...