September 02, 2010

Tea Time - Who's in charge of this mess anyway?



I'm having: Water with lemon and a handful of M&M's - want some?

I'm feeling: troubled on every side, yet not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

On my mind: It's not so much about the suffering, it's about the sovereignty of God...


A quote to share:
The care that is filling your mind at this moment, or but waiting till you lay the book aside to consume you - that need which is no real need, is a demon sucking at the spring of your life.

Do you object, saying "But NO! you do not understand. The thing I am worrying about is a reasonable anxiety - an unavoidable care."

"Does it involve something you have to do at this very moment?" I ask.

"Well-no."

"Then you are allowing it to usurp the place of something that is required of you at this moment, the greatest thing that can ever be required of any man or woman."

"And what is that?"

"To trust in the Living God."

"What if God does not want me to have what I need at this moment?"

"If he does not want you to have something you value, it is to give you instead something He values."

"And if I do not want what he has to give me?"

"If you are not willing that God should have his way with you, then, in the name of God, be miserable-until your misery drive you to the arms of the Father."

"Oh, but this is only about some financial concern. I do trust him in spiritual matters."

"Everything is an affair of the spirit. If God has a way of dealing with you in your life, it is the only way. Every little thing in which you would have your own way has a mission for your redemption. And he will treat you as a willful little child until you take your Father's way for your own."

George MacDonald ~ Knowing the heart of God




Head on over to Ruth's to join us for Tea Talk

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos, I found you through Ruth's tea time blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts today. They were just what I needed to hear. It's nice to "meet" you!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura.

    I'm sorry you feel the same way as I do. That verse really is a big encouragement these days. I'm holding onto it tight. We shall not be destroyed!

    Your water with lemon sounds very refreshing. I would not say no to your M&M.

    Hope things get better soon.

    Love and prayers,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura, I don't know what your situation is... I am very sorry to read of your pain.I can remember of the many times, when I felt totally helpless, He is so faithful, beyond our wildest dreams. I wish I could take your pain away.
    May the Lord and His great mercy and riches supply all of your needs today. May He send help from places you never dreamed of it. May His peace be your peace. Many, many blessings form above to you.
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laura,

    Thanks for your comments at my blog (Plans4You with IllinoisLori) and Tea Talk, it was so nice of you to stop by!

    I am sorry for your present difficulty, whatever it is...I am blessed to share this Scripture with you:

    "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

    and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

    For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

    For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

    For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

    And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

    24For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

    25But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

    In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for (we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

    ...For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:16-27, 38-39

    God bless you,
    Lori
    PS: I just love your blog, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...