September 16, 2010

Tea Time

join Ruth and others for tea, HERE.

I am having...

Jasmine tea that my oldest daughter made for me in a very large mug. I am also enjoying a piece of toast with a fried egg and a little "fan" of avocado slices. I was taught that it is rude to eat in front of others. Even as I type that out, I feel I should offer you some breakfast too, which I would gladly do if you were here...


I am feeling...

Happy. It is a dark morning and all the lamps are on. Noah is working on the farm with Mr. Santos and the girls and I are going to work on our dolls.

These are the joys of homeschooling...no rushing to and fro and time to get to know our children.


On my mind...

I can't teach love and kindness to my children through discipline as well as I can by example.

A quote to share...


"Man finds it hard to get what he wants, because he does not want the best; God finds it hard to give, because He would give the best, and man will not take it." George MacDonald

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    What a yummy breakfast you have there. It's exactly midnight here at the boarding gate. I'm thankful for this little time I have to read Tea Talk posts. I'll be on the plane in few minutes. Excited to see loved ones even in few days only.

    I agree with you about not rushing through our day when homeschooling. What a blessing!

    Thank you for sharing tea with me. I love jasmine tea!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you are so inspiring. You hit the spot with every post!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for offering breakfast - as I am reading this at dinner time I will skip your offer.

    My favourite breakfast is crumpets and honey and a mug of Jasmine tea.

    Tomorrow my son has promised to make me pancakes for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Santos,

    I really enjoyed your quote at the end by George MacDonald. It's a very telling statement about the way us humans, shamefully, deal with God.

    Your breakfast sounds lovely. However, I just had dental work done, and can't eat anything for the moment but liquids.

    Take care dear Sister. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your 'tea time' thoughts...

    God bless you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies~sorry I'm getting back to you so late. Thanks for taking so much trouble to have tea with us Ruth, you are a good friend. Ana, hugs and kisses to you. Jo, I've only had crumpets once in my life...with lemon curd. They were marvelous. Lady Rose, how's the dental work. My breakfast was lovely, but I seem to recall that you don't like avocados. :) I would have to adjust the menu for your visit. Amanda, thank you for your visit and God bless you too.

    Have a good day all, hope we can have tea together again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...