September 21, 2010

Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY





Tuesday, September 21, 2010



Outside my window...



Sunshine, but it is cold. There are two towering sunflowers that have bloomed in the garden. They are late bloomers. Everytime I look out and smile at them I feel like they are tall and happy soldiers standing guard over the back yard.



I am thinking...

About the sermon titled "A Widow who became a channel of God's Power" by Otto Koning.

good stuff...get a copy of it if you can.

I am thankful for...





The patience of God. Can you see His long-suffering in your life? I sure see it in mine.



I am learning...




That a meek and quiet spirit is in the sight of God of great price...and no wonder. It costs a lot sometimes to be such. To be teachable, to be quiet when I would rather point a finger and instruct others in all that I "know"


Those who lose their life will find it.



From the kitchen...



Salsa. I made fresh salsa yesterday using raw ingredients. It really was very good. Today I will roast all the ingredients and see how it turns out.




I am wearing...




White eyelet skirt with a red and white polka dot tee.



I am creating...


A doll



I am going...


To the beach after this post to enjoy the sunshine on the water...love those diamonds!


I am remembering...



I need to drop off some books at the library...good thing it is near the beach.

I am reading...


with the children two books. "Little Britches" and "Paddle to the Sea" The children found an old beat up boat abandoned on the beach this weekend. They pretended to be "paddle to the sea" all afternoon. Isn't it funny how a child's perspective is so different from an adult?


There was one moment when their boat got caught on a wave and they were "swept out to sea" as they described it. "Oh Mom! It was so scary, we were in the middle of the ocean!"


Really, they were only about two feet from shore.


I am hoping...


That Mr. Santos will get the job he interviewed for this week.

I am hearing...



the servants at work ~ aka, the dryer, the washer, the dishwasher


Around the house...


sunshine streaming through the windows



One of my favorite things...


A strong wind blowing through the trees around my house~especially in the early morning hours...sounds like waves crashing.


A few plans for the rest of the week:


A tea party and a couple birthdays. We may also open the farm up for a U-Pick. All our pumpkins are ready. Do you think it is too early for a pumpkin patch to be open?



Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

These flowers are growing in my garden...but I still haven't found my camera (it is forever lost I'm afraid) so I can't show you the real thing.

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos,

    What a lovely daybook entry. I enjoyed the description you made about your children and their beach-time adventures. So cute, yet treasurable. :) I will also keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers in regards to his job interview. By the way, don't overwork your "servants" (smiles).

    Blessings to you dear Lady. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could see your garden in person and walk in it and talk to you face to face. I miss you sister. No, it's never too early for a pumpkin patch :-).

    How was the beach today? I hope it was calming. I love the ocean. Looking at it gives me perspective on how big this world is and how I, with all of my problems and burdens, am just one person in it.

    Nice story about the boat and the kids. Made me smile.

    I love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to have a skirt just like you described - had forgotten all about it until then. I love the idea of a day book and I must give it ago.

    I love it when sun streams across my rooms - I feel alive and happy. I like the trusty servants, but I find they don't hang out the washing or put away the dishes!!

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could come to your farm for a U-pick pumpkin!! What a delightful daybook entry. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it. Your children sound so sweet, as well. Such imagination! A gift from God. And I don't know why (taking too much for granted?) but I never thought of my clothes washer and dryer as my servants. I like that. I will think of them that way from now on! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this. What you are learning really spoke to my heart:

    That a meek and quiet spirit is in the sight of God of great price...and no wonder. It costs a lot sometimes to be such. To be teachable, to be quiet when I would rather point a finger and instruct others in all that I "know"

    Wow can I ever relate to this.

    Oh and what you're wearing sounds so pretty and feminine!

    When your daughter shares her random things please be sure and let me know so I can come and read it. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog. It's very pretty. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...