August 21, 2010

Whatsoever things are...lovely

Finally Brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue or if there be any praise, think on these things. Philipians 4:8

No matter what troubles may be going on at The Santos Times...there is always SO MUCH to be thankful for.


Beach Days. You can see I need a tan...


WORK. Weeding the raspberries...this is one way to sleep well at night.


We joke that Mr. Santos was born with a machete in his hand. The work he accomplishes with that simple tool is amazing!


Summer days, summer skies...When was the last time you laid on the grass and watched the clouds go by? Take some time to do it. It is wonderful.





Church services in the park.

Our church family gathering for a photo.

Slip-n-Slide fun.
The children put the slide on a hill...a little water, a little soap suds and WHEEE!


What summer is complete without days of Chalk drawing on the sidewalk?



Strawberries!


Eating up the profits! We were able to open this summer for one week of U-Pick Strawberries. I think we sold about 50 -60 lbs...which is pretty good considering we thought we wouldn't have any strawberries this year.


Zinnias and chamomile in my overgrown vegetable garden.



Drying chamomile flowers for tea. I have dried trays and trays of it and look forward to having tea from our garden this Autumn.


Much produce from our garden...zuchini, cabbages, potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, kale, beans, onions...coming out of our ears. God is so good and generous to us. I hope we don't lose it all from ignorance. How do we store all of this stuff?


Vegetable soup from the garden...this is the bottom of a half eaten bowl...it doesn't look too appetizing does it?


AH! But here they are LOVING it!...of course when you are working hard at the farm all day and starving, you'll eat anything. Do you have picky eaters at home? Try this...it is our solution.


Some of our many many green tomatoes. Just a little bit more sun and heat to turn them red - We'll see.


The pumpkin patch is sprawling and full.



A visit from Grandma and Grandpa


Grandpas are the best!


They both spoiled us silly for a couple weeks. We love you Grandma and Grandpa...so much!


Ferry rides.

Blackberry picking...MMM. A big fat fresh blackberry tastes JUST like cotton candy.





Beauty in the garden


7 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! I especially like the pictures of the sky and the lovely picture of you hoeing the garden. You look so lovely and feminine. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lifestyle amazes me in many beautiful ways! You do many things that we, city people, wish to do. You are blessed abundantly!

    Thank you for posting all those pictures. I enjoyed my visit very much.

    Blessings to your family from mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos,

    I really enjoyed viewing all of the pictures. It's fun to be able to take a "peak" into your life, and see all the blessings God has given to you. I am glad that you are thankful for them.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele~ Thank You! Mrs. Lydia Sherman is the one who taught me to always look feminine no matter what I am doing...it has been a great change in my life.

    Ruth~ We used to live in the city. With Mr. Santos being unemployed it is sometimes a temptation to go back...but not really. The simplicity of the "country life" is truly a blessing.

    Hello Sweet Lady Rose~Thank you for your visit...I enjoy peeks into your life too.

    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post. I wish you would post the pics on FB so I could comment on each one. I can't see them here when I comment - so here goes from memory...

    First - you can't tell you need a tan - the only part of you I could see is your feet, but they were preeeety white. :-)
    Second, I love you in the hat. Did Sophia take the picture?
    Third - are you wearing gloves while you hoe? Be careful. You might have to rub fish oil or garlic or something smelly on blisters. I don't know - I'll check with my sister. She knows how to heal those things, better to wear gloves and just avoid the issue.
    I like the picture of Luis and his machete - Joseph has one, but I imagine Luis uses his more since I have never seen Joseph really use his (except once when he tried to plan corn in the yard, but Zoe got into it and he had to cut the stalks down - sad day for him because he really wanted to grow corn)
    I loved the pictures of the clouds - they were so pretty that they looked fake.
    The blackberries remind me of Uncle Ricks homemade blackberry ice cream - do you make any of that? Could you send me some? Love the pumpkins and green tomatoes too.

    I wish I was there looking at all of this in person. I would help you in your garden. Okay, maybe I'd help by directing and not actually doing, but I'd be out there for sure.

    Oh yeah, LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of the kids on the slip n slide :-).

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa~ The "need a tan" picture was taken BEFORE my trip to El Salvador. I think that took care of the tan problem.

    I usually do wear gloves, but my hands are so rough and wrinkly from work that they don't make much difference anymore...except to keep me from being poked with thorns.

    Love rubbing coconut oil in though...so therapeutic and yummy smelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful photos! You have a lovely family. It was a blessing, and a refreshment, to visit with you in this way, through the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...