August 26, 2010

Tea Time



I'm having: Earl Grey tea in a dainty cup and saucer. It is blue and white china made in Germany and very pretty. If you look closely though, there is a small chip in the rim and when the cup is empty, there are stains in the cracks from age and use.

The tea is warm and sweet. It "hits the spot" and the cup reminds me of my life...

I'm feeling: Tired.

On my mind: The weight of other people's poor choices. We are not islands unto ourselves. Everything we do affects someone else, everything. Sometimes the choices I see others make GRIEVES me to no end...including some of the choices I make.

Jesus never made his own choices. He never went his own way, only doing what the Father told him to do.

A quote to share:

Father, I know that all my life
Is portioned out for me,
And the changes that are sure to come
I do not fear to see;
I ask Thee for a present mind,
Intent on pleasing Thee.

I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to know;
I would be treated as a child
And guided where I go.

Wherever in the world I am,
In whatsoever estate,
I have a fellowship with hearts
To keep and cultivate .

~Anna Waring, 1850~




Head on over to Ruth's to join us for Tea Talk

8 comments:

  1. That tea sounds so comforting Mrs. Santos! I am also very, very tired!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cup sound so pretty and lovely!
    I love your tea choice for today.

    IKWYM by other people and their poor choices in life- truly we are our brother's keeper; we should always be mindful of others, but not everyone live by the greater commend. "Love your neighbor as your self". I hope this person's choices will not affect your and your family too much.
    Many blessings to you, thanks for stopping by.
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You added much warmth to our gathering, Laura. Thank you for joining us for tea. Loved your words in your post. You're so right on your thought on choices. I feel the same way, too.

    Thank you for sharing that beautiful quote.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has granted you the gift of WISDOM Laura. Thank you for sharing it with us. I learn SO MUCH from you and each time I leave your blog, I am closer to Jesus. Thank you for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Santos,

    I am sorry that you are feeling weighted-down with the problems of the world. I pray that the Lord will give you strength to not let the problems weight you down to the point of exhaustion.

    Also,thank you for sharing the poem. I thought that it was beautiful.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to watch others make unwise choices. We can feel so helpless and frustrated. I related to what you spoke about in this post.

    The cup of tea looks very nice!

    Nice to *meet* you, and may He bless you with more and more of His love and peace...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quote. It is so uplifting, inspiring, and thought-provoking. Thank you for that.

    Choices, indeed. None of us realize, I think, the impact all our big, and little, actions and choices have upon others. May God watch over you as you deal with the choices of others.

    Your tea cup sounds lovely. I confess, I am not a tea-drinker (the only one I know in this neck of the woods!), but I would happily have a cup of coffee while you had a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ladies!

    It was so nice to share a cup of tea with you all. Thanks for visiting!

    Ana~ I know this is late, are you still tired? I hope you got some rest over the weekend and having a good day.

    Katia~Thank you for the visit. I am not too computer savvy so it took me a LOOOONG time to figure out what IKWYM meant...lol. (lol is really the only acronym I know :))

    Hello Ruth~I love tea time, I'm so glad you started that meme.

    Judy~I tell my kids that wisdom is knowing what is right and doing it...and since I don't always DO it, I don't consider myself very wise. But I am glad you were encouraged and I am glad YOU are MY friend. :)

    Hello my dear Lady Rose! I always love a visit from you.

    Hi Amanda~ very nice to meet you too. I'll come over and see what's up in your world.

    Stacey~I bet not liking tea makes the homesickness all the more difficult. Thanks for stopping by.

    Blessings to you all! It has been so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...