August 23, 2010

Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY



Monday, August 23, 2010


Outside my window...


Sunshine and a hammock that Mr. Santos brought home from El Salvador. What am I doing here with such things right outside my window? I better make this quick.



I am thinking...

I wish that I could go to my sister's wedding.

I am thankful for...


My Great and Mighty God.
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Psalm 8:4
Oh and new dresses...which I was blessed with last week...Mr. Santos even took me on a date just so I could wear my new dress. LOL

From the learning rooms...


Cramming memory verses for the Bible Bee this Saturday



From the kitchen...




Strawberry shortcake, breaded and fried zucchini with brown rice, dehydrated zucchini chips with hummus and vegetable soup full of zucchini.
Can you guess what we grew in our garden?


I am wearing...


Red skirt with cream paisleys on the hem, with a cream colored tee and a cardigan. Brown flats and a pearl necklace.


I am creating...




nothing...but the children are creating paper dolls and cards...Cards that look like


Der mom, iluvu

urmibestmom

hawrudoen?

plsrepli

luvnoah


~translation~


Dear Mom,


I love you. You are my best mom. How are you doing? Please reply. Love, Noah



I am going...




To get this house clean and then go sit in the hammock...or maybe I will sit in the hammock and then get this house clean.



I am remembering...

When Sophia used to write me notes like Noah's. Now she writes in beautiful cursive and rarely misspells a word...these kids grow up TOO FAST!



I am reading...




Colossians with Sophia for the Bible Bee.




I am hoping...



That Sophia will remember all her verses when a giant crowd is looking at her...she has worked so hard.


Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:11




I am hearing...

The children play...they are planning a trip to Italy. "(Naomi) Where's my spy dog? (Sophia)Don't forget the binoculars! (Noah) I need my gun and holster!"



Around the house...


Sunshine and this and that bought from Walmart that needs to be put away.

One of my favorite things...

Sunshine sparkling on the water like diamonds

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Going to the fair, Bible Bee, Bible Bee and Bible Bee and picking strawberries. Just when we think the strawberries are gone, we go out and find baskets and baskets of ruby red sweetness. God is so good to us.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


(from allposters.com)

Look at all those diamonds!

3 comments:

  1. loved loved loved this post!!!!!! Especially the date night update and the note from Noah!!!! What a great writer he is!!!! Want more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were coming to my wedding too. I really really really do. Maybe we can figure out a way after we set the date. I love the note from Noah, I can't wait to get my letter. Maybe I will get a surprise and get one in pretty cursive from my niece too.

    By the way - I went to Carls Jr. a couple days ago and ordered fried zuchini with ranch dressing - I bet yours were much better.

    How many dresses did you get? From where? Where are the pictures? Where did you go on your date? How fun.

    Love you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri~ It's nice to see you comment. Noah's notes are so cute. He was writing them from the bottom up for a while so they were hard to decipher. Pictures? I'll try. I'M the one that wants more pictures! Where is my Wally Boy? :)

    Lis~I don't know if the zuchinni was better...you know how MSG enhances flavor :) lol

    Just one dress. A blue and white 40's style dress. Mom sewed a little panel in the bodice for me because the neckline was so low. But it is a little "flirty and fun" and I am always so serious...I think that is why Luigi liked it so much. I probably won't post pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...