July 09, 2010

Art ~ some of my favorites

Stan Miller
I could stare at this forever.
Wish I could show you some of the portraits he has done.


The knitting lesson ~ Eugene de Blaas

This man used color in such a wonderful way...always draws you into his paintings with color. I love the little girl with her small hands and childlike posture, so perfectly proportioned. If I was there I would say "what a fine job you are doing little one!" Doesn't her teacher looked pleased with her progress also?


Eugene de Blaas ~ The little girl is waiting so expectantly for a piece of fruit. Reminds me of my own little ones when they have to share something. How does she walk in those shoes?

Eugene de Blaas

Look at her steadying hand on the wall. This crumbling brick wall is in many of his paintings. Maybe it was part of his own courtyard. There are those shoes again! Wonder what she is thinking about? Or maybe she is not thinking so much as observing.


Eugene de Blaas ~ How beautiful!


Hans Gude ~ I love the scope of this painting and the way the light shines on the water. Such a peaceful painting.


Ivan Aivazovsky ~ See the yellow cloud? Of course you do. Doesn't it make you want to know what is on the other side of that far mountain? Can the man in the boat see it? There is light shining on his face.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I like the Hans Gude best - mostly because of the use of light and the water.

    Love you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing WITH me. That Hans Gude was chosen by the artist as one of his favorites too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...