June 30, 2010

Summer is here!

Won't you come and visit with us a bit? Let's go sit in the back yard. I'll serve you some iced peppermint tea and a yummy melon salad.


Remember this? The beginnings of our first backyard garden?


Look at it now! Last night we ate our own lettuce in a great salad along some baked fries. Cold avocado pudding for dessert. (avocados, milk, sugar and vanilla)



Here is Sweet Sophia

The family photographer. She has started her own photo and poetry blog which we will launch soon.



We've spent many days recently working hard at the farm planting thousands (yes thousands) of raspberries and strawberries for a harvest next year ~ God willing) My back is sore, my hands are rough, my skin is brown. But occasionally, it is nice to take a day to stay home and rest.


Sitting in my wicker chair, enjoying the warm sunshine, the breeze whispering through the leaves and the clouds gently passing by. Mr. Santos couldn't enjoy the day with us. He was at the farm working like an OX. We will share the amazing transformations of his farm with you soon.

The top and bottom pictures are views from my red wicker chair. If you sit quietly, you can hear the SSSHHH of the trees and the buzzing of the bees.




Cool paths leading to the woods from our back yard


The vegetable garden sits in the sun, but that cool trail beckons. Unfortunately, it is also a perfect path for the deer to come and nibble. We have a motion detection sprinkler that keeps them away. But, occasionally I go chasing them down with my tambourine. What a laugh. I think they rather enjoy our little cat and mouse game. To be honest, I don't mind it either, as long as it is not raining. They are so beautiful and graceful, especially when leaping over the blackberry bushes. And those big brown eyes ~ how is it that such a pest can be so enchanting.

"Tip" ~ a friendly collie we are dog sitting.
Naomi is in love.


Fairy houses

The architect hard at work.

Thank you for stopping by. We always love having visitors.

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos! that's a gorgeous garden, Melon salad YUM! AND those chairs, the fun, the kids SO PERFECT!
    Big summer hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ana ~ you're so cute! Wish we could have a little visit for real. Summer hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do want to come visit and run around in your back yard and do some cartwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damaris~
    It just so happens that Noah LOVES doing cartwheels and doesn't have a mother to join him...ha ha...I cheer him on from the sidelines. Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the warm welcome. I enjoyed my virtual visit to your lovely place. Loved your hospitality. I felt at home in my heart by just having a glimpse of your family time. Wish it's for real :-)

    God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ruth~ I wish it was for real too, I bet you and I could talk for hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...