May 06, 2010

From my heart


Dear Sophia, Naomi and Noah~

Hello my sweet ones, my lovies. I am so happy to know you. I am so blessed by God to be a part of your life and to see you grow up. I make a lot of mistakes. Sometimes I am a bad example. Sometimes I am afraid. But the Lord gave you to me and me to you. For always you three will be my babies, my lovies.

I would give you the world, if I could.

Naomi, I would love to give you a ranch full of animals ~ a horse to call your own, a little dog that follows you around, a big pink canopy bed!

Sophia, what joy I would have to give you all the cameras, lab equipment and musical instruments your heart desires - that your appetite for knowledge could be satisfied right when the thoughts enter your head.

Noah, wouldn't you just love a great big trampoline! or a passel of brothers to run and jump and play with? That might give me more joy than you. (LOL)

But, all that aside. There is something more.

I am writing this letter so that you know for sure what is my deepest desire for you.

Life is short. Sometimes we think that we will live forever (or at least until we are very old) so we work hard to make our life into something we can enjoy. It's true. There is a time for fun and beautiful things, but that is not why you are alive.

You were created by God, FOR God. My deepest desire for you is to know and understand this truth.

No matter where you live, or what you have or don't have, your life is not your own. It belongs to God. He is a loving God. He gives us many things to enjoy - but enjoying life is not why you were made. You were made to know and enjoy GOD.

It is the Lord that will satisfy you and lead you. It is the Lord that will provide for you and protect you.

The way you know Him and enjoy Him is to obey Him. Somehow, doing all that he says brings you closer to him. It is amazing and wonderful.

Pay attention to what you do and not to what is happening to you.

A lot of things are going to "Happen" to you as you grow up~good and bad.

Someone will be mean to you. Work will be hard and boring sometimes. Your toys will break. They might even be stolen. You will get sick and have owies and have to stay home when everyone else gets to go.

Sounds yucky, huh? But when you are old, like me, it is the same, only a little different.

Remember the disciples with Jesus in the storm? What was happening to them was not the problem. It wasn't all those waves and the tossing of the boat, or the wind and rain. Nope, their problem was fear. Maybe they were even angry and bitter. After all, they did ask "Master, don't you care that we perish?" Mark 4:38

It was the fear and anger that was their problem.

What is happening to you is not your problem. It is what you do, what is going on in your heart that is the true "problem."

You know what? A lot of Happy Things will happen to you also. You will win contests and go to great places. You will eat yummy foods and have beautiful things. I hope that you will get married and have children. Again, what is happening to you is not the true joy. It is what you do, what is going on in your heart that is the true joy.

Please hear me. When bad things happen, you will face anger, fear, jealousy and guilt...these are the things that will ruin your life. Oh, my lovies, don't let this happen! Put your trust in God and let go of your life. If you don't these yucky things will choke the life out of you and destroy you and all the people you love. It will make you sick and cause disease.

But when good things happen you will face greed and lust. You may want more, or you will hold tightly to your stuff because you won't want to lose it. These also kill and destroy. A rosy rich life can be worse than having struggles. When life is good, it is easier to forget that you were made by and for God.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost


My deepest desire for you is that you would remember that For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:16-17


If you believe this then you will live it. This is what I want for you and what I hope you want for yourself. I love you, I love you.

O.K. Enough lectures. I hope that I can live this out for you...I pray that God would help me.

By His grace,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. I have this totally hardened heart sometimes, and still reading this post brought tears to my eyes. You are a good mother Laura, and a good example - to your children and to me.

    I love you.
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful.
    Your wisdom and gentleness are invaluable treasures for your sweet little "lovies" and they are so very blessed to call you "Mother".
    Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I am looking forward to reading your life-giving words to my children in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa ~ hope your heart is not hardened to the Love of the Lord.

    Judy~ YOUR kids are blessed to have you as their mommy. You have been a great encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...