May 17, 2010

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, May 17th, 2010

Outside my window...



Grey skies - but the sun looks willing. Maybe, just maybe we might have some sunbreaks.


I am thinking...

of sitting still and being quiet. I used to do that a long time ago when the children took naps, but I rarely do now...He calls me every morning "Be still and know that I am God"

I am thankful for...

Noah. He is such a good boy, so childlike, so innocent, and so willing to protect and serve those around him.


From the learning rooms...


How to plant raspberries, memory work in Hebrews, and fractions.

From the kitchen...


Banana bread, fried beans and chilies, green salad

I am wearing...

brown skirt, brown tee, and my "old lady" cardigan sweater with the hydrangeas all over it.


I am creating...


a list of priorities...1st on the list? Still and Quiet Time with My Great God.


I am going...


to sit and be still today


I am remembering...


When my oldest was only two and she would stand on her tiptoes to look over at the neighbors house through the open window.


"HI MAYNERS!" she would yell, and the neighbor would reply "Hello Neighbor!"


She had such chubby red cheeks and short little legs...time flies by. Wasn't that just yesterday and not seven years ago?


I am reading...


Chapter books with the children.


I am hoping...


To enjoy some quiet today~to lay all my burdens at His Feet because He cares for me.


I am hearing...


Whistling. Whistling. Whistling. Now that all the children know how to whistle - it is endless.


Around the house...


Lots of beckoning voices...Come clean me, come organize me, come vacuum me,


Come, sit and be still and know that I am God.


The last voice sounds so sweet.

One of my favorite things...


"O.K. Mom" after a command is given



A few plans for the rest of the week:



yard work, school work, visiting friends, and making boxes... gift boxes for fun and leisure time with my girls.



Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Playing with the camera and the children.



1 comment:

  1. I totally miss you guys. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and especially the picture.

    Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...