April 13, 2010

Tuesday Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY



Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Outside my window...



The sun is shining, the tulips are red and blooming, the grass is getting tall, and the dandelions are spreading themselves like they think they can just invade my yard...I don't think so.


I am thinking...

If there is something (or someone) in my life that is difficult, it is there for a reason. God is still in control. He holds all things together and His grace is sufficient for me.

I am thankful for...


Purpose. Life is not meaningless.


From the learning rooms...


We are learning about leopards, and writing our numbers to 100, reading and writing poetry and drawing faces in art, memorizing Psalm 1 and putting other verses to music.




From the kitchen...




Hope to make crackers this week - also eating lots of oranges and making fresh OJ

I am wearing...

Grey checked dress and red mary janes - one of my stand by uniforms.


I am creating...

A skirt - a pink skirt. I'm to the zipper part. It is hard to get it done as anytime we need to use the table, I have to clear all my sewing out...some of my seams are a little crooked. It will be a pretty thing to wear around the house and to work in anyway. The next skirt I make will have pockets! (do you think that is too ambitious?)


I am going...


to plant some more flowers later today.



I am remembering...



My first home with Mr. Santos...a small room in a crooked house in the middle of downtown Seattle...I think I will tell you the story about it later on this week.




I am also remembering my bestest twin sister about to have her second child anyday now...I pray for her continuously.



I am reading...


The Truth in Jesus, by George MacDonald. I love that man...I have read so much of his stuff so often that he is like a grandfather to me. I'm sure I will know him when I get to heaven and I will thank him for all the things he taught me.


I am hoping...




to have a fruitful garden this year.





I am hearing...







Silence. Luigi Santini took the children to do soil testing at the farm. It's just me and the laundry and all you bloggy friends.


Around the house...







My skirt to finish, Mr. Santos' schoolbooks spread here and there, library books left on the sofa and sunshine streaming through the windows.



One of my favorite things...







chocolate. I just ate the last chocolate egg and I'm not too happy about that.





A few plans for the rest of the week:







yard work, sewing, cracker making, school work, visiting friends,


Here is picture thought I am sharing...




2 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking of the gray and red...what a combo! Way to go on the pink skirt! Good for you..I've always wanted to make one. Instead, I wait patiently for my mother to make me another one. I have the same problem with having to get the sewing stuff out, and put back up, and out again. Maybe someday when I can have a sewing space, that can be left there; I'll get more ambitious! (or however you spell that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi Lea~
    I know what you mean...my mother is a wonderful seamstress and can whip out anything. I am just learning NOW. But, I figure I am teaching my children to "work with what ya got" by persevering through the get out, put away, get out, put away. They don't see it as such a big deal and can learn not to put (or look for) obstacles in learning.

    Thank you for visiting the Times. How are you doing with your supplements?

    Blessings, Mrs. Santos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...