April 05, 2010

A Dozen down, a lifetime to go


Yesterday, Mr. Santos and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. I think the best way I can explain the last twelve years of our life together is to say that there was a blizzard on our wedding day.

Truly ~ a blizzard.

Are you laughing with me? LOL. Whenever I look back to that day, freezing to death as I walked to the church, I laugh. And we have had quite the adventure ever since that stormy day in 1998.

Some thoughts I heard on the radio about marriage~

People get married thinking marriage is a big box full of good things. We look to the box to get what we want or need. But, no. Marriage is NOT a box full of good things ~ it is an empty box to fill. There is no love in marriage. There is no respect in marriage. The love and respect is with you and you have a choice to put it in your marriage (the box) for your mutual benefit. The box is full (or empty) depending on the husband and wife.

Love is not a feeling. It is something we do ~ a choice. Respect is not earned, it is something we give, whether it is deserved or not.

It has taken me several years to stop looking in our box for what I want and need. I now look to JESUS for what I need. In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Col 2:3

Some great things about my life with Mr. Santos~

~I never know what a day may bring forth.
~Three BEAUTIFUL children who are our joy.
~Someone to warm me up on cold nights.
~A good example to my son of a HARD worker.
~Mr. Santos makes me laugh AND he laughs at my jokes.
~And even after all our hard times I still think he is the handsomest man I know.

God help us to love and respect one another...to set our affections on things above and not on things of the earth. Col 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...