April 28, 2010

Distractions Distractions

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh Matthew 25:13


Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 1Peter 5:8

~oOo~

A devil named Screwtape is writing to his nephew Wormwood. Wormwood is assigned to a man and it is his goal to bring him 'down' to their 'father's house' for eternity.

My dear Wormwood,


There is nothing like suspense and anxiety for barricading a human's mind against the Enemy. He wants men to be concerned with what they do; our business is to keep them thinking about what will happen to them.


Your affectionate uncle,

Screwtape


~oOo~


My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27

For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, [and] as [in] the day of temptation in the wilderness: Psalm 95:7-8






Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10


Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Isaiah 55:6
(I first saw this video weeks ago at Mrs. Parunaks site...I couldn't get it out of my head, so I am sharing it with you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...