March 01, 2010

Unseen Suffering

This is a post from February of last year. I am so thankful to say that a year later I am very willing to fight with the Lord's weapons rather than my own. I only wish it didn't take me so long to get there. I hope you will be encouraged. Peace does come when we obey.




Been in constant struggles over here at the Santos Times. Nothing tangible - no surgeries, no car accidents, no sickness, no financial stresses (even with dealing with unemployment - God provides our daily needs), no death, no emergencies. Yet there are constant struggles over here at the Santos Times.
Lightning strikes. Thunder booms. Torrential Rains. Bombs explode. Buildings and bridges collapse. But it is all unseen. We suffer through it. There are sleepless nights and tears and fear and what are we really suffering from?
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Ephesians 6:12
Sometimes the lightning strikes with unkind words shouted in pride. Thunder booms with constant criticism. Torrential rains fall with complaining and ungrateful attitudes. Mud and floods and mess left in the wake. The bombs explode when bitterness is passed from one person to the next. All that was built up - all the bridges built with the fun we had the moment before collapsing with the harshness, or the pettiness, or the prideful unthankful attitudes.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Somebody has to be willing to fight this battle with the right weapons. Somebody. Who? Well, him of course. Or her. Definitely them. It's all their fault didn't you know?
In the middle of the night there is a still small voice. There is a pull.
But it is not fair Lord! Why me? Why am I always the one to have to lay it all down? I don't like your weapons...I like mine. I like my words and my facial expressions. I like the way I can retaliate with my body language or my quick tongue.
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Proverbs 8:13
For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, [and] hating one another. Titus 3:3
Sure the weapons feed my flesh, but I don't like the emptiness it leaves me with. The heartburn. I want the peace, the joy.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22
This war WILL end. Let me take up your weapons, thank you for providing them. Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. Help us. Help me. Thank you that we can come to you to find grace in our time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...