March 08, 2010

Daybook

(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, March 8th, 2010

Outside my window...

Tire marks from a door to door salesman - He was selling frozen steaks and fish. Guess what? I used to have the same job years ago...lol. He was asking for $150.00 a box. Yikes. I suppose that's why we're a beans and rice kind of family.

I am thinking...

Being thankful is an uphill attitude and complaining is all downhill.


I am thankful for...

Body Balance. Every one on the planet needs it.

From the learning rooms...


Two new scripture songs that we made up.
Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them." and Philippians 4:8 "Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things."


From the kitchen...

Blueberry muffins and protein drinks.

I am wearing...

My BEEEEUUUtiful basket weave shawl. It is so warm and comfortable. There is a seam on each side to allow for "sleeves" and I feel so feminine whenever I wear it.

I am creating...

Outdoor furniture...well, not creating it, but trying to make it look presentable. I bought, over the weekend, a wicker seating set: A love seat, two big arm chairs, a coffee table and a side table...all for $15.00.

Mr. Santos wasn't too happy about it...as they aren't in very good condition. But I am re-wrapping some of the ends. A couple cans of spray paint will make them look wonderful...A shabby chic kinda wonderful. I love them.
I am going...


to distribute more flyers this week for the farm. We would love to see more people come out to pick daffodils.

I am remembering...

That my girl's birthdays are coming up soon...I wonder how we will celebrate this year?


I am reading...

The Bible...and skimming two George MacDonald books from the library. "The Truth in Jesus" and "Your Life in Christ." They are so heavy duty, I am trying to see which one I want to invest in. It takes time to chew on the words he writes, but it always does me good to do so.

I am hoping...

to sell some daffodils.

I am hearing...

Christmas music. LOL. The kids have it playing in their room right now...why I don't know. Maybe because of the rumors that it may snow around here today or tomorrow.

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire."
Around the house...

the family. I am so happy to home school my children. I think my life would feel very empty if I sent them away every day. So I have one boy playing with his toys waiting for me to finish this post so that we can do something together and two girls building a fort...The oldest one taking breaks to do this or that as she wants...the younger one focused so intently on her play, I don't think she would hear me if I called her. FREEDOM.

One of my favorite things...

Meatballs and mashed potatoes.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Spread the word about the farm and then hang out at the farm...Wednesday through Saturday. Once there, we will paint rocks and do school and take walks and count daffodils. There is a chance we may even SELL daffodils...God willing.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Mr. Santos' favorite bed. See this post for an explanation.

3 comments:

  1. MY KIDS had Christmas music on TOO yesterday!!!!!
    Selling Daffodils at the farm...what a LOVELY idea!
    I hope you sell many and enjoy the crisp ALMOST Springtime air with your beautiful children while you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments ladies. We aren't selling many flowers, but we sure are having nice days out on the farm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...