February 24, 2010

Quotes



"Katy," Helen inquired, "do you always submit to God's will?"

"In great things I do," I said. "What grieves me is that I am
constantly forgetting to recognize God's hand in the little everyday trials of
life, and instead of receiving them as from Him, find fault with the
instruments by which He sends them. I can give up my child, my only
brother, my darling mother without a word; but to receive every tiresome visitor
as sent expressly and directly to weary me by the Master Himself; to meet every
negligence on the part of the servants as His choice for me at the moment; to be
satisfied and patient when Ernest gets particularly absorbed in his books,
because my Father sees that little discipline suitable for me at the time; all
this I have not fully learned."


from Stepping Heavenward




The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. Psalm 16:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...