February 05, 2010

Kid Quotes

Noah: Mom, can I have a shuffle?

Mom: What?

Noah: A shuffle. Can I have a shuffle?

Mom: What's a shuffle?

Noah: You know! These are shuffles! (pointing to the dark chocolate mounds in the crystal candy dish)

Mom: OOOhhh - Truffles!

~oOo~

At a recent potluck we enjoyed Hot Chocolate:

Naomi and Noah pulled on my skirt beckoning me to bend down to their level. "What is it?" I asked. "Momma," they whispered, "Can we have some mushrooms in our hot chocolate?"

"You mean marshmallows?"

~oOo~

The things we know that we take for granted our children know:

Sophia, age 8, was answering a little survey from her cousin. One of the questions was "Do you wear contacts?" She had to ask, "What are contacts, Mom?"

"They're glasses that you wear right on your eyeball instead of your nose."

"Oh my gosh! WOW! Really? I definitely don't wear contacts! But Mom, do you know anyone who does?"

~oOo~

Noah counting during school:

"twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-NINE, NINETY!"

Mom: "I don't think so, punkin."

4 comments:

  1. Oh, isn’t it sweet how little ones communicate??!? I think it's so much fun to listen to and I just love trying to figure out what they are wanting to say, which I think I’ve almost got down thanks to all five of my sweet little siblings ;) What a cute post!

    ~Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many moments like this with my children but failed to record them. This is another gem to your treasure chest. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Santos,

    I received the package your sent to us... it brought tears to my eyes.

    This has been a long and very hard journey and reading that card while eating the chocolate you sent was an amazing blessing.

    My husband has been very ill with allergies since we moved to our rental and the ginger and lemon tea has been soothing and yummy to him.

    I don't know how to thank you, I think a simple "thank-you" is not enough to tell you how much you have made our day, week, month... and beyond.

    May God bless you richly and I wish the most abundant and lovely blessings to you and your family.

    Un abrazo de su amiga, Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tarra: You're going to be such a good momma one day.

    Ruth: Thank you, I never thought of it as 'my treasure chest' - but I guess it is. How lovely.

    Ana: I'm sooo glad you got it, I was afraid that it had been lost in the mail. Thank you for your kind comments too. I will be praying for you and your husband - have you looked into herbal treatments for the allergies? For us, upping our nutrition (vitamins and minerals) got rid of our allergies. I hope this helps.

    Much love to you all. Thank you for your faithful visits.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...