February 01, 2010

It's Monday Again - Whacha doin this week?

(click on the icon for more daybook fun)
FOR TODAY
Monday February 1, 2010


Outside my window...

Another grey day. No rain - just grey. The van looks dirty in the driveway. I bet a drive through the car wash would make it feel more like Spring.


I am thinking...

About chores. You know what is so neat about 'em? They become so routine and mindless that you are freed up to pray. I love wiping the counters and washing the dishes and vacuuming. I don't have to think about my work and so I can spend that time thinking and praying.




"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work." Oswald Chambers.



I am thankful for...

Housework



From the learning rooms...


Workbooks today - plus a little poetry with our history.

From the kitchen...

If it wasn't for this daybook, I might not ever think what should come out of the kitchen. My ultimate dream in life is to have my own cook - a plump little old lady who loves the Lord and can cook Salvadorean food.




I guess we'll have soup for lunch and fish tacos for dinner. I'll soak some beans for tomorrow. We can have fried ham and beans. OK...that's done and figured out. (smile)


I am wearing...

Jean skirt and brown sweater and warm fuzzy slippers.


I am creating...


a prayer list.



I am going...


to the car wash

I am reading...


the book of Revelation.


I am remembering...


A message I heard by Jeff Pollard this weekend. It was on hospitality. Revelation 3:20 Jesus says "I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

God loves hospitality. He says "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging. 1 Peter 4:8-9

We show love to brothers and sisters in Christ through Hospitality. Had anyone over lately? Last time we had anyone over was Christmas Eve. I invited someone over this week but we may end up going to her house instead...she has goats that the children want to visit. Guess I better make up some cookie batter for that visit. (more stuff out of the kitchen! - where are you sweet little cook?)

No, cooking does not count as housework - too much thinking required.

I am hearing...

Sophia reading "Where the sidewalk ends" to the children.


Around the house...



Breakfast dishes to wash and floors to be vacuumed. A chance to pray.

I am hoping...




To receive my new Bible study in the mail - Stepping Heavenward. I can't wait.




One of my favorite things...


A sunny day.


A few plans for the rest of the week:



A visit with friends, and create a menu (ha ha).



Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My little Naomi when she was only 1 year old...Oh they grow up so fast...Look at those chubby toes and I think that dress would fit her teddy bear. She will be seven years old next month!

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote from Oswald Chambers. How often I think of prayer as a means to an end, and miss out on the blessing of prayer itself.

    God be with you this week,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're thankful for housework? I have more here!!!LOL You made me smile as I'm taking a break from loads of housework. I should approach it with the same heart as yours.

    It's lovely to visit you. Your Naomi is so adorable in the picture. That photo is for keeps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...