February 08, 2010

Daybook - Special Edition

Special Edition!

This daybook includes the answers from the Santos Times Littles.
Noah - 5 years old
Naomi - 6 years old
Sophia - 8 years old.




(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY
Monday February 8, 2010


Outside my window...


Mom: My "friend," a very tall fir tree. He is always there when I look out my bedroom window ...when I am sad, when I am happy, when I first get up and when I am just looking out with many thoughts on my mind.
Noah: trees and grass
Naomi: trees without leaves
Sophia: a grey sky and a picnic table

I am thinking...

Mom: Life is hard, and good and amazing and hard.
Noah: about chickadees

Naomi: about donuts and cookies
Sophia: what is the next question going to be

I am thankful for...

Mom: my children and my husband even though sometimes I just want to run away.
Noah: that we ate French bread for breakfast
Naomi: "Fasty", my horse. (FYI, it's a toy)
Sophia: my family

From the learning rooms...

Mom: less teaching and lecturing, more guiding
Noah: I don't know
Naomi: Rats in El Salvador have big teeth. Daddy told me.
Sophia: Math

From the kitchen...

Mom: The smell of burnt french toast.
Noah: Body Balance and lemon medicine.
Naomi: A cookie jar full of yummy cookies. Can I have a cookie, Mom?
Sophia: An oven, a fridge, a dishwasher, a sink, etc.

I am wearing...

Mom: A cream colored cardigan with lavender and pale blue hydrangeas all over it...this with a denim dress. This outfit is not quite my style, but almost everything I have is brown or black and I was in the mood for some color. I tried to fix my hair in a trendy way and put some hoop earrings on to offset the old-fashioned look.
Noah: pants and a shirt
Naomi: my favorite outfit - my blue pants, with my pink tee-shirt and my brown sweatshirt with the pink butterflies all over it.(from Mom: it's her "uniform", she has to be coaxed to wear anything else)
Sophia: white skirt, white shirt, and a short sleeve black bolero style sweater.


I am creating...

Mom: a schedule. I am tired of 'winging it'
Noah: uh, trying to fix my wooden boat.
Naomi: a wagon
Sophia: stuff for decorating my dollhouse

I am going...

Mom: to allow God to defend me instead of working so hard to defend myself.
Noah: Home
Naomi: to see my "Fasty"
Sophia: to take out the trash

I am reading...
Mom: For the Children's Sake - again. Very good book.
Noah: A book
Naomi: The Bible
Sophia: Pollyanna and Swiss Family Robinson


I am remembering...

Mom: That Jesus is coming again and if he comes back while I am still here I will meet Him in the clouds. YEAH!
Noah: When I had my Civil War Pistol
Naomi: When we lived at our old house, 'cause in the spring I would know when it was my birthday 'cause my tree would have flowers on it. I miss my tree.
Sophia: last summer - the teepees, and the sprinklers and going to VBS

I am hearing...

Mom: The children at the table doing "busywork"
Noah: wind blowing
Naomi: tea pouring
Sophia: people talking

Around the house...

Mom: chores to be done. I love cleaning.
Noah: a couch
Naomi: Fasty, my horse
Sophia: a radio to play our favorite song

I am hoping...

Mom: to listen more than I talk this week.
Noah: to get another civil war pistol
Naomi: that I will get a "real" horse someday.
Sophia: to go to the library today.

One of my favorite things...

Mom: Country Living or Victoria Magazine
Noah: guns
Naomi: 'Fasty'
Sophia: reading

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Mom: Cleaning and organizing and prepare some extra meals for a couple families dealing with lots of sickness - Oh - It's my grandmother's birthday this week. I will send her a small package too.
Noah: that I'll get my sisters something for Valentines Day.
Naomi: Play with Fasty and hook her to my wagon.
Sophia: play, go to the library and get ready for our Valentines Tea Party on Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Noah, throwing rocks in a mountaintop lake last summer.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute, cute entry! Sounds like you have some fine kids, but no matter how fine, Mothering is not for the "faint of heart." They will grow up all too quickly and I promise that you will wonder where the years went. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daybook was such a joy to read! It was fun to see what your children had o say as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lea and Sine~ What a blessing to meet you, Welcome to The Santos Times.

    Lea~ Thank you for the encouragement. I already wonder where the years went. They are growing up quickly and I am anxious at how things will turn out sometimes.

    Sine: Thank you for your kind comments. I left you a message at your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your kids' daybook answers! That was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute entry Mrs. Santos, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to have your kids respond. I may borrow this :D (Imitation being the most sincere flattery, you know.)

    Love the pic up at the lake.

    God be with you,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun to include the kiddos. Thanks for the glimpse into your life. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome entry and a great idea to include everyone in the family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...