February 15, 2010

Daybook, Feb 2010




(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY




Presidents Day, 2010



Outside my window...




Lime colored moss in the dark green grass giving the illusion of dappled sunshine...But it is just moss and it is still grey, we can pretend.


I am thinking...

My Sophia Lou is such a bugaboo. She is on a writing spree...poems pouring out of her like water. "I have a leaf and some beef. I put my leaf in my collection of perfection and the beef to simmer for my dinner."

I am thankful for...

Friends, and tea, and sleep, and chocolate, and warm socks


From the learning rooms...

space travel - isn't it amazing how the earth sits in such utter darkness when you look at it from outer space? It is so bright...but only because of the sun shining on it.


I am pondering...

"...Because children have abounding vitality, because they are in spirit fierce and free, therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, "Do it again"; and the grown-up person does it again until he is nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exult in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough... It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again," to the sun; and every evening, "Do it again," to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike: it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy..."

GK Chesterton.

From the kitchen...


Kefir. A friend brought over some grains that I am soaking...it will be ready in a day or two for making smoothies. Can you make Kefir with Coconut milk? I wonder...

I am wearing...

Black - and my glasses - which I seem to need more and more lately.


I am creating...


A schedule...still. It keeps being put off by unscheduled events. Hmm.


I am going...


to do some reading and listen to my favorite hymn "Great is thy Faithfulness" a few times...it always makes me relax and feel contented.


I am remembering...


The cute Valentine's Tea Party my girls hosted this past weekend and the fun they had opening their Valentine's from Mr. Santos and me. They each got a "golden ticket" good for one special date alone with Mom or Dad.


I am reading...

"For the children's sake" - again - and still - as well as doing my Bible study based on the novel "Stepping Heavenward."


I am hoping...

for a little sunshine tomorrow. We are meeting another family for a walk.

I am hearing...

my son playing with a new toy he received as a gift...it talks. "Manny and his Motorcycle"

I keep hearing "let's hit the road, Vamanos!"

Around the house...

Mr. Santos. He doesn't have class today. It's amazing how he fills up this little place.


One of my favorite things...


A quiet rest holding my munchkins and listening to hymns.


A few plans for the rest of the week:

A walk with friends, lots of reading in school, A Wellness Event for Body Balance, watching my tulips and daffodils peep through the dirt. Those flowers think it is Spring already.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Naomi, my middle skittle has a dream to own a dog.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet picture.
    Sounds like your daughter is a budding poet. Does she post any poems on her own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special the golden tickets! Love you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello 2cats: Thank you for your kind visit to our blog. Yes, my daughter is a budding poet. She loves writing and has a whole notebook full of poems, but she doesn't have her own blog.

    Lisa: The kids LOVED the golden tickets. Mr. Santos put the words "make a wish" on his...and it's so fun to see the children make all these 'big' plans...the zoo! NO, the aquarium! NO, Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...