January 26, 2010

Is it raining where you are?

We wanted to go for a walk. The sky was grey and the sun peeked out here and there but we knew that it would rain. It was also cold and staying in our little warm home seemed so much better than a walk in the cold rain. Nope, if we waited for perfect weather we would never get out. A walk was in order and isn't that why coats and gloves were invented? Determined, we drove to our destination - a good park with clear paths that wouldn't be too muddy.
We did pray. We prayed that the Lord would hold off the rain until our walk was done. But He said, "No." Once we started on the path so did the drizzle.

Hmm. Well, it wasn't too bad and we would just see how it went.

Along the way we saw a few couples swimming in the marshes. Mr. and Mrs. Mallard were setting up their nests. A large blue crane followed us up the path. We told Naomi that it was following her because of her blue coat. He probably just wanted to ask her "Are you my mother?" She was instantly best friends with the crane and noticed everything he did.

Once, we stopped under a fir tree to rest and watched the geese skim the water to land in a large brown field. After walking a little over a mile, we decided to turn back, just in case it really rained. And it did.

We walked silently. The children took turns holding my hand. We walked briskly with our heads down. The only sound was the rain pitter pattering on our hoods and the quick chomping our steps made on the gravel path.

It was a long mile back. I prayed. My conversation with the Lord started out like this, "Lord, why didn't you hold off the rain?" and then I poured out my heart. All the heavy things that I had been carrying lately left at my Saviors feet. My load unburdened I continued "Lord, are you here with me?"

Sophia lifted her head, "Look Mom! I love it how the rays of the sun come through the clouds like that. It looks like heaven peeking in on us."

Yes, it was nice. If only those rays were shining down on US. The rain continued to pour.

"Come on kids, we're almost there...keep coming!" The children were getting tired from our brisk pace. They were trailing behind so I turned around to urge them on. There, right near us, was the boldest, brightest rainbow I had ever seen. If it wasn't for the swamp, we could have run into it and danced in it's colors.

(jason edwards, allposters)

And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. Deut 31:8

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing post Mrs. Santos!

    I am in awe... the way you wrote it is so beautiful and poetic!

    Thank you for keeping in touch, I have not yet received your package but I am very excited about it, will contact our ex landlord tomorrow to ask them to be in the lookout.

    Blessings and hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ana~ I sent your package way before Christmas so I hope you get it...it is just something small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! Neat post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ana!
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just love the way you can take the moments of your day and bring them to life on this page for us!!! I was walking right there with you as I read this...thank you for sharing your beautiful life with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...