January 04, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR from The Santos Times! We had a happy and low key Christmas Eve eating tamales and pupusas with good friends. Christmas day started out very pleasant and slow. We had a nice breakfast and then began to open gifts. Halfway through the gifts, Mr. Santos announced "We need to go to California. I don't want to have any regrets about not seeing my dad." (long story short - his father, who lives in El Salvador, was in California and was returning to El Salvador the day after Christmas) Mr. Santos continued..."Everybody, throw some clothes in a bag and buckle up. We are going to California right now."

We were off on another Spontaeous Santos Expedition! Whew! Well, we are back and recovering. You haven't heard from us in a while because The Santos Clan has been sick and even our computer contracted a virus.

I have so much to share with you and record for the family, but the Daybook will have to suffice for now.




(click on icon if you want to participate in the daybook meme)




FOR TODAY


January 4, 2010


Outside my window...


I'm at the Library, borrowing their computer - so there are other readers, I can see the children sitting on the little elephant shaped chairs reading books while I check e-mail and do other computer "errands"


I am thinking...
How time flies. This morning we were talking about the things we are looking forward to this year and the children naturally mentioned their birthdays. Why do kids always want to grow up? I, of course ,told them that birthdays were not allowed this year and I had no intention of letting them grow another year older.



I am thankful for...


The Library :)


From the kitchen...

Hodge Podge and This and That. With Christmas and our Spontaneous Adventure it is time to pull meals out of a hat...But God is so good - We never go hungry and Hodge Podge meals make life more interesting. Last night we had a simple but comforting vegetable soup with crepes and coconut rice to round things out. It didn't really go together - but it was fresh, homemade and tasty.


I am wearing...

Black and white skirt, white button up shirt and black sweater, black socks and clogs.


I am creating...

A New Year's routine that includes Scripture memory every day. So far so good.


I am going...
To go home and take a nap after this...how lovely. I am so thankful to be a homemaker. All my chores are done at home, we have finished school and dinner will be a simple hodge podge - so we have time for a nap...woohoo.
I am reading...
Well, there is a new pile in the children's section next to my little wanna-be-big munchkins...we'll see what they have picked out.

From the school room...


Scripture memory, copy work, Math, and Christopher Columbus - Ah, back in the swing of things. This is also the first day of school for Mr. Santos. We'll see what sort of homework he has for 'US' :)


I am hoping...

To figure out how to compute all the earnings and taxes from the tree farm - due by the end of the month. It is such a daunting task to me - pray for me.


I am hearing...

Library noises - lots of coughs too.

Around the house...

Laundry caught up and one lamp left on for when we come home - it is a dark and wet afternoon.

One of my favorite things...

Thankfulness at the dinner table - no matter what the Hodge Podge is!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:


Hopefully, pick up a repaired computer, go grocery shopping, and finish up the tree farm accounting - PRAY for me - and post some of my thoughts for the new year.



Here is a picture thought I am sharing…
You will have to use your imagination for this one...I can't download a picture on the library computer...It's a picture of my family playing dominoes on New Year's Eve.
Commit thy works to the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established. :)

9 comments:

  1. that sounds like a nice adventure Mrs.Santos, my mouth was watering when I read you enjoyed some yummy tamales and pupusas... ahhhhh :]

    I wish you the best this 2010 and I pray that God will bless you and your family and whatever you set your hands and heart to do.

    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    It sounds like you had a very fun as well as an eventful Christmas!

    I like the sound of hodge podge. I am not comfortable cooking from scratch yet. I rely heavily upon recipes. You are SO blessed to be able to cook from scratch. I wish I could do that for without a recipe book, I am totally in the dark!

    I pray that you will be able to do the accounting well for the Christmas Tree Farm. I am sure you will be fine. Put it all in the hands of the Lord and everything will turn out great (it always does when we put full trust in our Lord).

    Anyway, take care, and I wish you and your lovely family a Happy New Year!

    Love,

    ~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy that Mr. Santos sure has an adventurous spirit!!!
    Glad you enjoyed a beautiful family Christmas!
    I am most interested to know more details about the Tree Farm as we continue to discern this as a future business venture here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just set the timer for 15 minutes and see what you het accomplished. You can do anything for 15 minutes. Then give yourself a break and reward and see if you can set that timer sometime again. Hope it gets done. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE: Still using the library computer - looks like we may just have to buy a new one which means a couple weeks (or more) of no computer at all...That's o.k...life is so SIMPLE without a computer or T.V...But I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!

    Ana~ Thankyou - no tamales in Brazil? Do you know how to make pupusas? Did you get my package?

    Mrs. Lady Sofia~ we drove right through your part of California - I waved and said a prayer for you - did you see me? ;)

    Judy~ Adventurous Spirit is a nice way of putting it ~ I confess, I think he is a little CRAZY sometimes. I like to plan things out and driving 16 hours for a four hour visit is NOT my idea of fun ~ but you are right, it makes for adventure! The tree farm was such a good experience...all around. I would recommend any kind of farming venture - so many good outcomes - I'll probably do a post on it soon.

    Luecks ~ Thanks for the timer tip, I have followed that tip of yours recently and it has been so helpful ~ what I really need is training ~ I'm not very good with math and numbers and understanding where they all go...but with the recent tax audit and now this, I think it is God's plan that I learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what an adventurous Christmas you had!

    I hope you're able to get a new computer soon but I bet you're getting lots done at home without one.---I know I would. (o;

    Blessings,
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!!! How did i miss following your site? No wonder I haven't heard from you lately. I really thought I already signed in long ago. Well, I'm glad I did now.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today. It's nice to hear from you again.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please come over my blog. I have something for you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...