January 28, 2010

Crab and Artichoke Dip

The lobby of our favorite restaurant


Our family loves to go to Port Townsend (a little town on the coast) and visit The Belmont Hotel. It's a Victorian Hotel with a small restaurant that has a balcony on the water. It has always been our favorite place, even before the children were born. Now, it is a family thing. We always order the same thing - crab and artichoke dip, clam chowder and herbal tea. It is very rich and warm and extravagant.

I never attempted making the dip, but then a friend from church brought her pepper artichoke dip to a potluck and it was so similar. I asked for the recipe. She made it without the crab and tomato and it was very good...so, if you don't like crab, you can leave it out.

This recipe is large. We made a meal out of it. I served the dip with French bread and crab cakes - and we had enough for two meals. It can also be doubled if you want to take it to a potluck.


1 package cream cheese
1 cup mayo
1/4 of onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced


1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1/2 cup roasted bell pepper chopped

2 cups shredded cheese (your choice - we used cheddar)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan

1/2 cup crab meat
1 small tomato chopped.

salt/pepper

Mix the ingredients in the order listed. The first four until creamy, add the next two items, then the cheese. Stir, then add the crab and tomato. Pour into a baking dish (I used a glass pie plate), sprinkle with more Parmesan and bake at 350 degrees until a little brown and bubbly.

Serve with crackers or crostini or French bread.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos,

    What a lovely treat! You got to go to a lovely hotel and have a nice dinner with your family. :) My 4th year anniversary just passed, and my husband took me to the Cheese Cake Factory in San Francisco for dinner (we went there when we first got married, so it's "tradition" to go every year now).

    So, how is your family? Did you finally get your computer fixed, or are you still using the one in the library?

    I haven't received an e-mail from you in awhile. I miss hearing from you. I am hoping all is well with you and your family. :)

    ~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try to make it. I'll do it this weekend. I've been cooking quite a bit lately. Joseph said he's gaining weight. Last night I made a ham with brown sugar and pineapples on it, homemade mashed potatoes with gravy, fresh baked breadsticks, and fresh green beans with tomato and onion in them. It was so good. The kids loved it too.

    I'll let you know how this dip goes. Making pork chops tonight with scalloped potatoes and brussel sprouts.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Lady Sofia~ I have heard only wonderful things about the Cheese cake Factory - though I have never been there...they always bring home some delectable new cheese cake flavor.

    Happy Anniversary! Yes, we got our computer fixed - for now. We still have some issues, but one day at a time, right? Look for an e-mail soon, I am sorry I haven't written - you are in my heart.

    Love to you,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa~
    And you didn't invite us over?! Too bad we live so far away. I'm so proud of you.

    I'd come over for the pork chops too, but I'll have to pass on the brussel sprouts :) I can't wait to see if you like the dip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YUMMY!!! Thank you Mrs. Santos!!! You have just provided the recipe for our Super Bowl Sunday treat next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy~ hope it turns out all right. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...