December 14, 2009

Daybook

(click on icon if you want to participate in the daybook meme)

FOR TODAY


December 14, 2009


Outside my window...


No more Ice - the cold spell has passed and we are back to rain and grey skies. I think I will miss that icy sunshine.

I am thinking...


It is not so important what I do, but who I am.




I am thankful for...



My Church Family


From the kitchen...


Sausage/Pea Soup, chocolate chip cookies and extra Body Balance - seems there are a lot of sick people lately and we want to build up our immunity.



I am wearing...


Brown Pants, a green and brown checked shirt, and a cream colored sweater - brown mary janes

I am creating...



A Christmasy home today. Our nephew is in town helping Mr. Santos at the Farm...so I get to stay home and be a homemaker...my favorite thing. I will set up a tree and some paper crafts for the children...Can't wait.


I am going...


To mail a few little gifts and cards I have ready


I am reading...


Christmas stories with the kids.


From the school room...

Snowflakes, paper chains and paper angels.


I am hoping...


To be a blessing to someone today...my family? It seems there has been a lot of grumpiness around here lately - I know that I have the power to change that - Sometimes, I just get sucked up into the negativity and complaints, but I AM the HOMEMAKER...so I am hoping to make my home a peaceful happy place. First item on the list, SMILE.

I am hearing...

Quiet. Makes me feel rested.

Around the house...

An empty corner for a Christmas tree. A bare space for the Nativity. A blank wall for a Christmas quilt to be hung.

One of my favorite things...


Grateful children and a smile from my husband.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:


Memorize with the children the song "The First Noel" - they have to sing it Sunday and are far behind...At least they know by heart, Luke 2

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…


I am in awe of how our Lord is in charge of all things.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth:

    I hope you find the movie. I will edit my post so that there will be a link to it. About my blog - usually it is very plain - My kids think it makes them feel dizzy :) - but I like it. Thanks for visitin.

    Mrs. Santos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    Hello there! When you have a chance, please post the link to the movie "Star of Bethlehem." I would like to see that movie. How long is it?

    I'm glad that you got a little break from the farm, and get to enjoy the loveliness of homemaking. :)

    Take care.

    ~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that movie. I will look for it. I'm glad your ice is gone. It can be so dangerous. I hope you have a great Christmas. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plans sound so sweet and homey Laura. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...