November 02, 2009

Monday Daybook

(click on icon if you want to participate in the daybook meme)

FOR TODAY

November 2, 2009

Outside my window...

A bright grey morning. The pumpkins are wet with the morning dew, the yard is COVERED with yellow and brown leaves, the grass is green and too tall.
I am thinking...

of Malachi 3:6 "I am the Lord, I change not" God's will for us never changes and will never change...it is the culture that moves us to think this way and that way.
Be not conformed to this world, but be ye TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind...we can't do this until we present our bodies to him...So much to think on with this...

I am thankful for...

The songs that rise up in my heart. They make me bounce around the house.
"Sing unto the Lord a new song, sing unto the Lord all the earth!"

From the kitchen...
Chicken - my frugal staple. One baked chicked gives me meat for quesadillas or burritos, appetizers, soup, and sandwiches.
I am wearing...

A green and brown plaid skirt - which you have all seen in past pics of me - with a white shirt, brown cardigan, brown tights and brown mary janes.
I am creating...

fresh wreaths. I want to have a bunch made and ready by opening day at our tree farm...plus I have some votive candles I need to figure out what to do with...IDEAS? Please let me know.
I am going...
to spend the week at Discovery Bay with my parents and my children.
I am reading...

Ephesians and Hebrews

From the school room...

No "school" this week. We will be doing crafts and making cookies and walking on the beach looking for critters.

I am hoping...

To have a restful and happy week with my family.

I am hearing...

the children begging Sophia for more honey in their oatmeal.

Around the house...

vases of fresh flowers ~ a gift from my mother. She just loves me so much.
One of my favorite things...

colorful fall leaves against the backdrop of a bright blue sky.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Help Mr. Santos with some of his school work, relaxing at Discovery Bay, and maybe (if my 'gals' come through) a midweek ladies luncheon.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…

Vintage Santos girls just a few months before Noah was born...aren't they so LITTLE? This proves we have always loved the beach ~ even in the fall and winter ~ the air is so clean and fresh.

3 comments:

  1. Discovery Bay sounds like a wonderful place. I hope you enjoy your visit. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture. I hope you have a great time in Discovery Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and restful blog you have. I am thrilled to have found it.
    We also love the beach in other than Summer weather. In fact any season other than summer is my favourite at the beach.
    I love making wreaths as well, although I haven't made any for a long while.
    Enjoy your time at the beach
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...