November 29, 2009

Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, November 30, 2009



Outside my window...


A cold grey day, green grass and yellow leaves. The soccer ball waiting to be kicked by the kids. They will bring it to the farm today for fun.


I am thinking...

How much relief a Sigh brings. Maybe it is the oxygen or the time taken out to slow down. I am taking lots of deep breaths this morning...a lot of stress.

I am thankful for...


The Lord, my God, my Friend. He is not ashamed to call me His friend - oh How thankful I am for that. Thank you Lord, for holding my hand and listening to all my woes and for being the lifter of my chin. You are such a WONDERFUL friend.

Sing today the song "What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear."


From the learning rooms...
Do not return evil for evil. Hard to learn. Pop quizzes at every turn.

From the kitchen...

A picnic basket to take to the tree farm. PB and J, fresh fruit, almonds and cranberries, and thick macaroons.

I am wearing...


A brown skirt, brown tights, little ankle socks that are not the right brown...they either add to the outfit making me look a little hip, or they make me look like a funny lady with no style...can't tell, but I don't want my feet to be cold...brown tee and cardigan...which no one will see under my big coat and a red hoodie to add color.


I am creating...


An environment for my children...a place for them to feel safe and comforted and where they can LEARN.


I am going...


To the tree farm, of course. I am also going to smile and be thankful for this unique opportunity to serve the Lord, even though I would much rather stay home. I am also going to be thankful that I can bring my children with me...that though I will be spending the month working outside the home, it will be with my family...what a blessing.


I am reading...


Romans 12 - over and over and over...Also, Luke 2 - the children will be reciting it at the Christmas program.


I am hoping...


For sunshine. I feel a little down today...But God is so Good...There may be weeping in the night, but Joy comes in the morning.


I am hearing...

The Children loading up the van to go to the farm...better get out there.


Around the house...

The laundry is DONE. Thank you Lord, for small victories.


One of my favorite things...


Going out with my girlfriends and talking with no interruptions.


A few plans for the rest of the week:


Work at the tree farm on Monday, then the tree farm on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday we will work at the tree farm, on Thursday we have decided that we will just go to the tree farm, But Friday and Saturday we won't go anywhere else except the tree farm. (smiles)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing:



The view from my Gift Shop Window...That would be my Luigi driving up in the truck.

go http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to read more "daybooks"

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lovely breathtaking view!You are blessed to enjoy that view from your shop window.

    Your favorite thing is alos mine but I rarely had the chance to enjoy that lately.

    I enjoy visiting your site. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth for visiting. I love your profile description. Many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos,

    I liked your picture. Ruth is right. It is a nice view. How long will you be working from home at the gift shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Daybook!
    And...I'm SIGHING with you :)
    Oh and I am most certain that the brown socks ADDED to the outfit...I'm just SURE of it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...