October 20, 2009

Imagination



Marian called it Roxaboxen. (She always knew the name of everything.) There across the road, it looked like any rocky hill -- nothing but sand and rocks, some old wooden boxes, cactus and greasewood and thorny ocotillo -- but it was a special place: a sparkling world of jeweled homes, streets edged with the whitest stones, and two ice cream shops. (from Roxaboxen)


Below is a little video I took of Naomi Baloney and her big giant mess. It looked like any mess -- pillows and blankets and books tossed all about --but it was a special boat: full of every modern convenience, floating, and useful for hauling in the days catch of fish. I don't like my voice in the video. I think I sound condescending to my baby girl, but she was so cute and excited about her mess that I decided to post it anyway.



Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! ~Dr. Seuss


4 comments:

  1. i couldn't play the video. What am i doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know - works for us...I changed it from private to public. Maybe it will work now. Try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked! I loved the flippers on the dolphin, and the fish at the end of the fishing pole. I thought the net and the fish in the pond was very creative too - but mostly I like the sound of my neice Naomi's voice. It makes me miss her very much. If I was there she would be upset because I would not stop hugging her and kissing her and not letting go :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...