August 30, 2009

Waiting


Is there anything harder than waiting? I don't think so. It is miserable HARD.


I have been waiting for a long time. I am discouraged by it. It has been years. Sometimes it is easier. Sometimes I forget that I am waiting. Sometimes the days are so dark I can't wait any longer. I scream out to the Lord that this waiting is unfair. ABSOLUTELY unfair. How good the Lord is to listen to me even then. He hears my cry and strengthens me. Yet, he still says to wait.


What if I never get what I have been waiting for? What if? What then? I think of Abraham - all the years he waited for Isaac. I think of Noah - all the years he waited for the flood, preaching righteousness for 120 years. I think of Jeremiah - a prophet to the people for so many years - and no one listened.


Maybe there is something I am supposed to be doing. Perhaps I am not getting what I want because of sin in my life or because I forgot to "dot my i or cross my t" and I just don't know it. Even as I type that, I know in my soul that is not true. I am waiting because it is what the Lord wants me to do. OH!


Yet, I want to please my Lord. Though it is hard, I will wait. I'm waiting.


Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 27:14


Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it. Psalm 37:24


Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee. Proverbs 20:22

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what you are waiting for, or how hard it can be, but I do know what it is to not have patience and to force things to happen or make choices that are not right because I have no more patience to wait. I want to encourage you, but don't really know how - but I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    Waiting upon the Lord is very difficult to do. The "hardest" wait for me was for my husband because I didn't get married until 2.5 months shy of my 37th birthday. But, I am glad I waited because he is the best blessing the Lord has ever given to me!

    Anyway, I hope things are well with you. I sent you an email recently. Take care and know that I love you my friend (smiles).

    Mrs. Lady Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa for the encouragement. Mrs. Lady Sofia ~ waiting for your man before and after marriage is very difficult ;)

    Hope you two ladies are well. Waiting is hard, but at least we know it will end - the Lord always keeps his promises.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...