July 10, 2009

Roadblocks


(Roadblock by Norman Rockwell)

The husband ignores you or worse. The children willfully choose to disobey. Your best friend rejects you. Again, you have one of those days - but the days stretch into a week. Nobody is listening, nobody is hearing, can anybody see? Loved ones will make their choices and sometimes those choices are the opposite of what you hope. The pain begins.

What am I supposed to do with all that pain? Scream out in frustration? Become bitter and hateful? Take out revenge? Manipulate?

All of that is rooted in selfishness.

And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.2 Cor 5:15

Jesus died to set me FREE. I am free from selfishness. Do you get it? I no longer live to please myself. I no longer live to get what I want out of life - to get what I want out of my loved ones. I am bought with a price and now I live to do the will of my Father, just like Jesus did.

Some see this as the opposite of freedom. This is where I throw my head back and give a hearty laugh out loud. I am FREE!

So, to my room I go, to get on my knees and pray to my Lord. What do you want for me Lord? What should I do for this husband of mine? Show me how I can make him feel like a king today. How can I tie strings with these children Lord so that they will want to obey? Help them to see the joy in obedience. Help me to be consistent. Thank you, Lord that your burden is light and easy.

My Lord is so good. Do you know Him like I do?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I did. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, my dear dear friend.

    Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Isaiah 55:6

    For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live Amos 5:4

    And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Luke 11:9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...