July 04, 2009

Independence Day

Mr. and Mrs. Santos
Walking up the steps to the state capitol
Playing at the State Capitol

Mr. Santos and the children

Naomi waving in the garden

The Santos Ladies

And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?

Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 18, 1781


My country, ’tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees,
Sweet freedom’s song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our fathers’ God, to Thee,
Author of liberty,To Thee we sing;
Long may our land be bright
With freedom’s holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King.

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos,

    These are LOVELY pictures, and you and Mr. Santos surely do make a handsome couple (smiles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend! Did you get your e-card for today? I sent it to you a couple days ago. Hope you are doing well and that the 'house' stuff is moving along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...