June 04, 2009

Ladies Retreat

Last weekend I had the AWESOME privilege to go on a ladies retreat. What a special time it was. The theme was "Highway to Holiness." It really served to set my mind on the things above and to see that the pursuit of Holiness is a series of choices I make - not just annually or daily, but moment by moment.
I have been refreshed and filled up and I have a renewed commitment to walk worthy of the Lord.

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Col 1:10

The view from my room. We were in Canada - near or in Surrey - I'm not sure, but the weather was beautiful.
One of the best parts of the retreat was meeting all the wonderful ladies there - everyone from Canada except for our small group from the states.
There was one lady there, a sweet older woman named Frieda, who writes poetry and makes greeting cards. I bought a few of them to share and just to keep for the sake of her words.
~oOo~
Surrender what you've got
Have you just one small jar of oil?
Then pour out for Him
He'll increase its flow to overflow
and not just to the brim.
He will add His multiplying grace,
which all the difference makes...
But you must surrender what you've got,
for that is what it takes.
It may be insignificant
and to the crowd seem small...
But God's great power will be at work
if we give Him our all.
~ Frieda Hait, 1996 ~

I will be posting a link to the retreat messages soon - I know that you will be encouraged should you choose to take the time to listen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your retreat went well. I'll read the links when you post them...could use the encouragement. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    Hello. I haven't heard from you in awhile. I am glad that you had an excellent time at the Ladies Retreat. I wish that I could go to one of those some day. Anyway, take care, and I hope that you will email me soon.

    Love,

    Mrs. Lady Sofia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...