April 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Sophia Ysabella! (aka Sophia Lou)

What would our life be without you? Dark and empty. You are the best friend and protector of your brother and sister. You are such a good example to them - the way you take care of your things and work so diligently and act so ladylike. You have such wonderful and fun ideas at playtime - with all the skits and shenanigans you plan. And yet, you are cautious, always making sure brother and sister are safe and helping them to make wise choices. We are so PROUD of you.


Wherever I am, there you are. What a pleasure and privilege that is for me, your momma. I know there are times that I shoo you away, and for that I am so sorry. I like having you near me and I can't think of anything that I would want to do without you.

We can't believe you have lost EIGHT teeth this year! You are changing so much: becoming a beautiful young lady. It has been hard to see you grow up because it is happening so fast. We remember bringing you home and all of your firsts: first tooth, first haircut, first steps. You were, after all, our first baby.

What an adventurer you are! We know that the Lord has a great many adventures in store for you. We pray that as you travel with Him, you will stay on the 'ancient paths' and enter in at the narrow gate. Sure, those paths may be a little harder, but there is greater treasure there - and we know how you love to treasure hunt. Of course, as we've told you before, your daddy and I named you "Sophia" because it means wisdom. How beautiful you are as we see you growing in wisdom and understanding.
Proverbs 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Happy Birthday, Sophia Lou.


Two little songs for Sophia
Sophia Lou
my bugga boo
off to the zoo
just me and you
Sophia Lou

~oOo~

Sophia Lou
I'm loving you
You're my baby girl
You make me happy always
You make me happy always
Sophia Lou
I'm loving you,
My baby girl

4 comments:

  1. lets go play SPY! 1 love you.

    naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty Sophia. I love you. Happy Birthday my neice. I can't wait to see the card you are making me with your new crayons and colored pencils. I miss you. Love you always. Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday special girl. I am glad that you had a nice day! It was fun dancing with you on video chat. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. Your daughter must feel very special. I did a little post like that for Hudson when he turned 13. Kids love the attention! Thanks for coming to my blog also. You sounds like a loving, godly, Christian family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...