February 23, 2009

Some of our favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad



One of my favorite movies! So beautiful to watch - the clothes, the scenery, the Glad Game.

A new favorite treat. All I can say is that this is the kind of yumminess you can make an event out of. MMMMmmm good.


I just bought a box of 60 avocados for $25.00 - what a savings. Can you believe I usually pay $1.79 each!? So we will have avocados with our eggs in the morning, avocados with red bean soup in the afternoon, avocados with feta cheese and salsa in the evening. Thank you Lord for creating avocados.

What are some of your favorite things?

5 comments:

  1. fun! I agree...chocolate and avocados are pretty good! :o) And what a deal....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    I'm not into avocados very much, so I guess if I were a "daughter" in your house, I'd have to learn to love them wouldn't I (smiles)?

    Anyway, chocolate is always good! However, my absolute favorite thing is reading. I LOVE to read books when I have the time.

    BTW, I haven't forgotten you or sending you and email. I'm reading that book you read, "Created to Be His Helpmeet." I just finished chapter 5. It's a real good book.

    Chat with you later and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so cute: let's see, oreos with cold milk, tulips (have some in living room and bathroom right now), the trees in our front yard, my hubby's gorgeous hazel eyes, my baby boy's big fat dark brown eyes, hearing the two of them laugh. Good stuff huh? Let me add more. smooth shaved legs after a hot shower, hot showers, drinking a tasty drink while sitting in a cozy chair next to a window with a view and a good read on my lap and a soft blanket too. A clean kitchen. towels just out of the dryer. Birds hanging out in our bamboo. Wow, I am gettin' happy here. Thanks for helping us to think positive. Love ya sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mamapua - Thanks for the visit, haven't heard from you for a while! I bought some earl grey tea today just because of you :)

    Mrs. Lady Sofia - a good book is a favorite thing of ours too - most of them are children's books lately. The last good book I read (for adults) was the novel Stepping Heavenward - so good.

    Cheri - hey sis - don't forget doughnuts or a good ukelele solo :) Call you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Lady Sofia:

    You don't like avocados????!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...