February 25, 2009

One of those days

It's been one of those days. Back talk from the children - calmly, by God's Grace, I discipline. Begging and not accepting 'No' for an answer - gently, by God's Grace, I stand firm. Bickering - I find a quiet voice somehow, by God's Grace, we come to solutions and peace. Phone calls from well meaning friends. "Laura, I just wanted to point out that you need to work on this fault I have noticed in you. Okay, love you, bye." By God's Grace I listen and say "thank you." These are the less painful events of the day. The rest are too personal to share.

It's been one of those days.

But Thank God for His Love for me. His love that is not wishy washy or just a feeling - His love that is powerful!

1 John 4:9-11
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Romans 8:37-39
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


My Jesus is alive, He is Victorious, He intercedes on my behalf, He sits at the right hand of the throne of God. He despised the shame of the cross - yet endured it. The love of God is in HIM. The love of God died for me.

And so, I wait for Him and tuck my children into bed, and listen to well meaning and sometimes not-so-well meaning criticisms, knowing that if My Great Jesus could endure the cross, I can, through Christ, endure "one of those days."

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you had one fo those days...best thing to do is lower expectations of everyone else and keep praising Him....

    thank you for the most delicious avocados.....:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice Mamapua - thanks and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos,

    Today is Friday the 27th of February. I hope that you are having a better day without extra stress and extra burdens. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

    ~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and hoping you are having a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys for your well wishes - what a blessing and encouragement!

    Love Mrs. Santos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...