October 19, 2008

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

We sang this hymn today at church and what a wonderful song it is! The end of the chorus really hit me hard. All other ground is sinking sand. What other ground? What do I stand on that I think might hold me up? My family? My friends? My ideas or politics? All my skills or my job? Our savings or good credit? HA!

All of this is sinking sand.

Today, my auntie Nina is slowly slipping into eternity. What glory awaits her.

Even my little hope in THIS day is sinking sand. It will be over soon, gone. All our days just a vapor.

My chin is lifted. My shoulders are straightened. I stand firm - watching. There is solid ground and the Lord tells me time and time again that I can trust Him.

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 1Samuel 2:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...