September 22, 2008

My Daybook


FOR TODAY Monday, September 22, 2008
Outside My Window...

Are cedars and hemlocks, maples and spruces...trees trees trees. I love it. I love the sound they make when the wind blows and the fluttering of the birds flying from branch to branch.

I am thinking...

of my Grandma Betty. She used to brush my hair so hard and pull it back in such a tight pony tail that my eyes would slant. "Mom, your hurting me!" my Naomi shouts when I brush her hair. I tell her, "Have I ever told you what it was like when your great grandma would brush my hair?...the tangles are forgotten and she rushes to the mirror to see if her eyes are slanted too...I miss my Grandma Betty.

I am thankful for...

a new day. God's mercies are new every morning...how wonderful. The sin and mistakes of yesterday are in the past...a chance to start fresh. Praise the Lord.

From the kitchen...

is the smell of fish. Mr. Santos bar-b-qued a whole fish yesterday (head, tail and all - that's his favorite way) He and the kids had a late night snack of that fish...licking their lips and sucking the bones...yuck. But all of them loved it...and the plate of scales and bones were left in the kitchen for me to clean up...the smell lingers.

I am wearing...

the same clothes I wore yesterday...he he...a black skirt, a multi-colored striped sweater and black flats.

I am creating...

Nothing...I know what I will do...I will write a letter to my Grandma Betty.

I am going...

to take the kids to visit some new puppies this week.

I am reading...

The Psalms

I am hoping...

that the kids and I will memorize two new Bible verses this week. We like to make up songs with them...so I am hoping we come up with a good tune.

I am hearing...

the silence of living in the woods...no more morning sirens, traffic and garbage trucks. Wow.

Around the house...

are the patterns of the vacuum cleaner. We are constantly vacuuming around here...we are wood floor kinda people...so we are ever and always staying on top of the dust and stains of the carpeting.

One of my favorite things...

Noah marching through the house singing in his 'manly' voice..."Three boys, strong boys, trusted God, made a choice!" (a song about Shadrach, Meshach and Abedneggo in the fiery furnace) When he sings that song, I always have to scoop him up and kiss his neck.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Puppies, letters, make a bulletin board, and plan out our first lap books for the year.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



My funny Sophia cracking herself up. She has lost a few teeth and I am so thankful. It makes her look younger. I am always telling her that no one in this house is allowed to grow older than seven years old...last year I said six and the year before I said five. Sometimes I wish my babies would stay babies.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...