September 08, 2008

My Daybook


FOR TODAY , Monday, September 8, 2008
Outside My Window...

Ripening tomatoes! The season started late here and it looks like it may end late too...if the sunshine holds out for a few more days I may have a big basket of red ripe tomatoes. Our first harvest!

I am thinking...

Of a movie Mr. Santos and I watched last night...the first half of Les Miserables. We ended right in the middle - after he turned himself in as a convict...and I keep thinking, 'the consequences for doing what is right are sometimes severe.' How much evil is done in the name of justice!

I am thankful for...

Our time at church yesterday. What a good message about the Glory of God in our lives.

From the kitchen...

Chocolate peanut butter balls (using raw cacao, coconut and chopped walnuts), Pineapple spears, grapes, tomatoes with shitake/sesame vinagarette and cayenne pepper, strawberry/banana/spinach smoothies. Easy 'on the go' foods for a day of hard work. We will be taking a couple more loads to our new home.

I am wearing...

A white dress with my old red and white button-up shirt over - sleeves rolled to the elbow. Red slip-on flats. Hair in a french braid.

I am creating...

A list of names for people who need our new address and phone number.

I am going...

To a couple carpet stores today. There is carpeting in the dining room (ridiculous idea) so I need a good 'hide all' carpet to put under the table.

I am reading...

Teacher guides and reading lists to get ready for school to start. We are late with all the moving and Santos Times events.

I am hoping...

To get some help moving our Washer and piano soon. Mr. Santos said we could bring the piano if I could figure out how to help him move it...so I am hoping...

I am hearing...

The sound of the dishwasher. Maybe I will go turn on Fernando Ortega...it's the only CD I have left here. Everything else is at the new house.

Around the house...

It is big and empty. Most of the furniture has been moved or sold. The kids run around in all the space. Moving from 2700 sq feet to 900 sq feet...this place seems like a mansion.

One of my favorite things...

Naomi's laugh. It is so contagious.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Loads to the thrift store, dentist appt. for the kids, Final MFTH Bible study this week, final loads to the new house. We plan on being there 'for real' this week.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...