July 01, 2008

Reading

Today Sophia came up to me with her book in her hand, "Mom, something terrible has happened!"
"What?!"
"Rontu has died!"
She was reading Island of the Blue Dolphins...one of my favorite books when I was young. I finished the chapter out loud as Naomi wanted to hear what happened. Sophia wiped her eyes...she was actually crying. I smiled sympathetically. I'm so glad to share these moments with my children.


Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, "and what is the use of a book" thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"

- Alice's Adventures In Wonderland [1865], Chapter I

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful....she's reading great! I can't wait until Owen and Olivia realize reading is fun and they take off with it. Miss. M was like Sophia...she read and she read and she read some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...