July 08, 2008

Choose ye this day...

This morning I woke up full of worry and angst. Moving. It's just such a big deal no matter how often you do it. I should have known though...I went to bed full of worry. Fret not, it leads only to evil...

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: Psalm 42:5

I think of Abraham...Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: Genesis 12:1

We are taught to pray...Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven...and so that's where my worry lies. I have my plans. I cannot see God's plans. Yes, I believe that His plans for me are for good and not for evil to give me a future and a hope...but...


I am a child holding my Father's hand. He leads me down a path while I tug just a little, hanging back...looking over my shoulder...looking at the other paths...pointing.
"I wanna go there," I say.
"No. Let's go this way." He pulls me gently towards him.
"But, I wanna go that way. Look at that! I see good friends over there! There's nice stuff over there. Please. Pleeeeease! Can we go there?"
"No. I want you to go this way."

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Corinthians 2:9

Will I trust Him today? Will I demand my own way? Oh Lord, How I love you. Let's go where you want to take me. I am scared, please hold my hand a little tighter. Thank you.

Mrs. Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...